This article provides the standard installation process for Ansys Optics on supported Windows systems.
- Administrator access is required.
- Floating licenses must have the FlexNet license manager installed on one (1) of the computer in the local network.
Ansys Optics installation
- Download the installation package. (registration required).
- Open windows explorer and go to where you saved the downloaded zip file.
- Right click on the zip file and 'Extract All'.
- Open the extracted folder and run 'Lumerical_Installer.exe'.
- Click Install when prompted, to install the required MPI components.
The prompt appears if the components are not found on your machine.
- Follow the instructions on the installation wizard and complete the installation.
- Notes: Enabling the MPI firewall exemptions adds the rule to your firewall and allow running simulations using the bundled MPIs on localhost.
- Open the Ansys Optics Launcher
- Select "I have license from Ansys" and proceed to the "licensing setup".
- Alternately, you may request a free 30-day evaluation license.
- In the Licenses tab, configure Ansys Optics to obtain the license from your license server.
- If you are joining a workshop, request for a workshop license using your workshop ID/code.
- Silent install is done using the "lumerical_data.msi" installation file.
- Open a Windows command prompt as administrator.
- Change directory to the location of the extracted installation files.
- Run "msiexec" similar to below,
msiexec /i lumerical_data.msi /norestart /qb
Notes: The above will still show a basic UI with the progress bar. This will not add the firewall exceptions or install the MPI components required to run Ansys Optics remotely on another Windows machine. Other options for the msiexec (/qn /quiet /passive) do not work. For a full list of option,
Uninstall Ansys Optics
Uninstall from the Settings page
- Select Start, then select Settings -> Apps -> Apps & features.
- Select "Ansys Optics", and then select Uninstall.
Uninstall from the Control Panel
- Open Control Panel
- Select Programs -> Programs and Features.
- Select "Ansys Optics" and "Uninstall".
- Follow the directions to remove the application from your machine.
How to obtain a floating license
How to request a 30-day evaluation license
Obtain a workshop license from the product launcher
Ansys license manager installation guide for Windows