Floating licenses can be shared across other users or computers on the same network as the license server. This article explains how to check out a floating license from the Ansys license manager (Ansys LM) on the same machine (localhost) or on a different computer (license server).
- Ansys Optics 2021 R1 and newer is required with the Ansys License Manager.
- Install Ansys Optics on a supported operating system/platform.
- macOS versions do not support the Ansys license manager and will not be able to check out licenses from the Ansys License Manager.
- Starting with the Ansys Optics 2023 R2, the Legacy Lumerical FlexNet license manager has been removed from the Launcher's license configuration.
Ansys license manager
- Open the Launcher,
- If prompted, choose "I have a license from Ansys" then "Go to the Licensing setup".
Otherwise, Navigate to 'Licenses' -> 'Floating tab'.
- Select "Ansys" from the "License Manager Selection".
- Enter the HostName or IP of your Ansys license server on the Server field. If the license manager is installed on the same machine use the default, 'localhost' as the server.
- Use "Default" port. Otherwise, specify the port number if changed in the license file.
Note: If you have a managed network or a dedicated license server, consult with your IT Department or System Administrator for this information.
- "Apply" to save,
- "Restart" the launcher when prompted.
- Open and run the simulation tool directly or from the launcher.
Lumerical FlexLM (deprecated)
- The Lumerical FlexNet license manager (legacy) is not available in the Launcher's license configuration with the 2023 R2 and newer releases.
- Contact your Ansys Account Manager (AM) to migrate your licenses to the Ansys license manager.
Triad redundant license servers
- Follow the steps above to navigate to the Floating license configuration.
- Check "Configure redundant servers" and enter the HostName or IP of each of the triad license servers and port used. Consult with your IT Department or System Administrator for this information.