This page shows the process of requesting a Lumerical 30-day evaluation on the local computer running a supported system. The evaluation license will be running on the Ansys License Manager. The license manager can be installed and running on the same machine as where you are running Lumerical simulations or on a different computer (server) on your network.
- The evaluation licenses will be running on the Ansys License Manager.
- An Ansys user account using your institution's email is required. Web-based free email is not supported.
- Evaluation (trial) license cannot be transferred to a different computer once activated and running on the computer.
- Internet connection is required when using the evaluation (trial) license.
- Products can only be evaluated once. If you have evaluated Lumerical in the past, and you require more time to evaluate Ansys Lumerical, contact us or the local representative in your region.
- Evaluation license do not support triad redundant server configuration. Contact your Ansys account manager or the local representative in your region if you would like to run the evaluation license on triad redundant servers.
Installing the license on your local computer
- Download and Install the Ansys License Manager and Lumerical simulation software on your local computer. (Administrator access required).
- Open the Lumerical Launcher, sign in with your Ansys account and request an evaluation (trial) license using the "Evaluate" button or from an Application Gallery "Example".
- Select "Local" or "Use this computer" when prompted and submit the request.
- The license file will be saved into your "Downloads" folder. Or save the license file when prompted. A copy of the license file will also be emailed to you.
- Open the Ansys License Management Center and "Add the license file
- Configure Lumerical to obtain the license from the Ansys LM on "localhost" on the "Default Port".
- Apply the settings and "Restart" the Lumerical Launcher.
Running the license on a different computer
This process is for requesting an evaluation license where the Ansys license manager will be running on a different machine (license server) and Lumerical will be running on your local computer. e.g. client-server scenario.
- Download and install the Ansys license manager on your "license server".
- Obtain the hostid information of your license server.
- Sign in with your Ansys user account.
- Request for the evaluation license from the "Solvers" or an "Example".
- Select "Remote" or "Use another computer" when requesting the evaluation license from your local computer and not the license server machine.
- Enter the "Hostname" and "HostID information" of the license server and submit your request.
- The license file will be saved into the "Downloads" folder or save the license file when prompted and copy this to your license server. A copy of the license file will also be emailed to you.
- On the license server, configure the license file with static ports and open these ports for access.
- Configure Lumerical on your local computer to obtain the license from the Ansys LM on your license server.