- Ansys Optics only supports 64 bit editions of x86 processors (Intel®/AMD®)
- ARM processors are not supported.
- Limited support on other operating systems that are known to be compatible with the supported systems listed below such as Fedora, Rocky Linux, and OpenSUSE.
- Ansys Optics Finite Element IDE (FE IDE) for; CHARGE, HEAT, DGTD, FEEM, MQW simulation tools, uses, a 3D rendering and visualization library that requires a compliant implementation of OpenGL 3.2+ or DirectX 11. For optimal performance, please install the FE IDE directly on a locally accessible host computer with adequate graphics resources and up-to-date graphics drivers. The FE IDE has limited support on systems without compliant graphics drivers, including virtual machines and remote desktop interfaces.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows10 and newer (Professional, Enterprise & Education)
- Windows Server 2016 and newer (Standard Edition)
- RedHat Enterprise 7.9
- RedHat Enterprise 8.7
- CentOS 7.9 to 8.3
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server & Desktop 12 SP5 & 15 SP5
- Ubuntu 20 LTS and newer
- Amazon EC2
- Microsoft Azure
- HPC network technologies including: Infiniband, Myrinet, Gb and 10Gb Ethernet
- MPI frameworks: Microsoft MPI, MPICH/MPICH2, OpenMPI, IntelMPI and other
commercial MPI distributions
- HPC schedulers: SLURM, SGE, PBS Pro, OpenPBS, Platform LSF, Torque, and HTCondor
See the Ansys Platform Support page for full platform support information for the current Ansys release, including certification and test information for operating systems, graphics cards, job schedulers and other platform components.