The guideline shown on this page is to configure the Ansys license manager for shared access to the Ansys Lumerical licenses.
- Admin or root access on the license server
- Ansys license manager 2021 R1 or newer
Configure license file with static port
If you use a firewall or on a secure network, you will have to add the ports used by the Ansys license manager to your exceptions list. The process shown here is using the default TCP Ports used by the Ansys license manager.
If Ansys LM is running, "Stop" the Ansys license manager and edit the "ansyslmd.lic" license file to add a static port for the VENDOR Daemon. The license file is found in the following folder (default install path shown):
"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\license_files"
- The 'ansyslmd' vendor daemon port is dynamic (random) when you receive your license file.
- To set a static port for the Vendor Daemon, append 'PORT=1056' or any free TCP port in your network to the end of the VENDOR line in the license file,
SERVER hostname/IP hostid_information 1055
VENDOR ansyslmd PORT=1056
- Once the VENDOR port is added to your license file, in our example, add the TCP ports; 1055,1056, and 2325 to your firewall/exception lists to allow access to the license manager.
- If different ports are used for the FlexNet and VENDOR Deamon in the license file, add these ports together with the Licensing Interconnect (2325) port to your firewall/exception list.
- If the license manager port, 1055 is not used/changed to a different port number, the client computer accessing the license should "Specify" the port number in the Lumerical license configuration and not use the "Default" option.
Installing the license file
- Open the Ansys license management center from the "Start Menu > Ansys license manager" in Windows or open the URL, http://localhost:1084/ on your server running the Ansys LM.
- Navigate to "License file options" -> "Add a license file".
- Browse to the location of your license file and add the license file.
- Install the license file and Restart the license manager when prompted.
- Ensure that the new license file do not contain the same license features in the existing license file.
- If the existing license file has the FDTD license, ensure that the new license file do not have the FDTD license.
- Rename the new license file (.lic). Do not use "ansyslmd.lic" or the same filename as the existing license file installed in your server.
- Copy the new "license_file.lic" into the "..\license_files\" folder in your Ansys LM installation directory.
- Restart (stop/start) the Ansys LM.
- Otherwise, if the new license file contains the same license features as the existing one, proceed with step #2.
- Renewal entitlements typically have the same license feature with the existing one.