This page outlines the functionality available in the Ansys license management center. The Ansys license management center is a browser-based user interface that centralized many of the Ansys product administrative functions. The left side of the Ansys license management center contains links to each of the administrative functions.
Opening the Ansys license management center
- Open the Ansys license management center by:
Start > All Programs > ANSYS Inc. License Manager
- Which launchers the default browser with the page: http://localhost:1084
Start the Ansys license manager on the server
- Open a browser and go to the URL: http://localhost:1084
View Status/Start/Stop License Manager
- Shows the current status of the Ansys licensing interconnect (ansysli) server and the FlexNet license manager (lmgrd).
- The "green check" icon on the left indicates that the license manager is up and running. While a "red stop sign" shows that it is stopped.
- Start/Stop the Ansys license manager using the corresponding button on the right.
Reread license manager settings
- Use this functions to reread the license manager settings after making changes to the license manager and applying the changes without restarting the license manager.
License file options
Add a license file
- This function lets you add a license file that was generated for the server.
- The license file is locked to the HostID information of the server.
- This cannot be installed on a different server.
Location of license file
Once the license file is added into the Ansys license manager, this will be saved as "ansyslmd.lic" in the following folder:
"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\license_files"
Get system HostID information
- Shows the FlexNet HostID information for the machine that is running the Ansys license manager.
- "SAVE TO FILE" one of the HostID information and use this to activate the entitlement or generate the license file for this machine.
View FlexNet licenses
- This will show you the license files that are in use in this license manager
View Ansys licensing interconnect log
- This page shows all the activities of the Ansys licensing server from when was installed.
View FlexNet debug log
- Shows all the activities and status of FlexNet license manager (lmgrd).
- It provides details of the license usage and features, and error messages for any FlexNet components.
View license management center log
- This log file shows all the actions done by the Ansys license management center.
Ansys LM log files
- Log files created by the Ansys license manager:
- Location of the log files (default install path):
"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\"
- Extracts data from the Ansys license manager and log files for a variety of license usage and reports.
- See the "licensing reporting in the Ansys license manager" video for more information.
Display FlexNet license status
- Shows detailed licensing information activities including the license server information, vendor daemon (ansyslmd) status and license usage information
Gather diagnostic information
- Allows saving the diagnostics and log files into a single compressed file for troubleshooting purpose.
Display queued licenses
- This shows all the license features that are queued and waiting availability in the license manager.
Specify license manager run mode
- Defines how the Ansys licensing interconnect server (ansysli_server) is administered in conjunction with FlexNet license manager (lmgrd).
- The default run mode should satisfy most installations.
- Changing the run mode should be done by experienced licensing administrator.
Provides access to the documentation related Ansys license manager information including the PDF files for the Ansys licensing interconnect server guide and the FlexNet licensing publisher administration guide and about the Ansys license management center.
- View Ansys licensing guide (PDF)
- View FlexNet licensing guide (PDF)
- View licensing configuration details
- About the license management center