This page shows the guidelines on adding inbound rules to Windows firewall to allow access to the TCP ports used by the Ansys license manager on the license server.
Administrator access. Ansys license manager 2021 R1 and newer installed on the license server running a supported version of Windows.
Adding inbound rule in Windows firewall
- Search and open "Windows defender firewall with advanced security (App)" from the Start menu.
- Select Inbound Rules on the left column.
- Click on New Rule... on the right column.
- Select Port as Rule Type.
- Apply rule to TCP and specify the ports, (defaults) 1055, 1056, 2325.
- Allow the connection.
- Apply the rule to Domain and Private profiles. Otherwise, for connections outside your local network, include the Public profile.
- Enter name and description for the rule and "Finish".
Ansys license server configuration and license file installation