CML Compiler automates the creation, maintenance, and QA testing of INTERCONNECT and Verilog-A photonic compact model libraries (CMLs) from a single data source of measurements and simulation results.
|NOTE: A CML Compiler license is required to view the product documentation.|
Find what you need to learn the CML Compiler basics and generate your first CML.
CML Compiler Introduction
Installation and Licensing
My First INTERCONNECT CML (Tutorial)
- My first INTERCONNECT CML overview
- Getting started with Lumfoundry Template (tutorial)
- Creating and compiling custom CML (tutorial)
- Running QA tests (tutorial)
My First Verilog-A CML (Tutorial)
- My first Verilog-A CML overview
- Getting started with Lumfoundry Template for Verilog-A CML
- Creating a Custom Verilog-A CML with CML Compiler
- Running Verilog-A Quality Assurance (QA) tests
- Manual Library and CDF Setup in Virtuoso (Optional)
Using CML Compiler
Learn how to use CML Compiler through its graphical user interface (GUI).
- Introduction to the CML Compiler Graphical User Interface
- Creating a New Compact Model Library
- Opening a Library Source Directory
- Editing Compact Model Library Properties
- Adding, Deleting, and Renaming Elements
- Editing Element Source Data
- Building a Compact Model Library
- Creating and Running QA Tests
Dig into the details on CML Compiler and how to use it.
CML Compiler Source Data
Learn what data is required for your compact models and how to organize/format it for CML Compiler.
- Source Data Overview
- Library Source Directory Structure
- Library Master File
- Element Source Data
- Tuning Active Elements with FOMs
Lumfoundry Template Library
Learn about the example CML included with CML Compiler, the Lumfoundry Template library.
- What is the Lumfoundry Template library?
- Choosing a Lumfoundry Template for your Element
- List of Lumfoundry Templates
- Verilog-A Templates Available
- Statistical Templates Available
Available Photonic Models
Explore the photonic models supported by CML Compiler.
Statistical Modeling and Simulation
- Introduction to statistical compact models
- Statistical data requirements
- Creating statistical passive compact models directly from measured s-parameter data
Quality Assurance (QA) Tests
Distributing the CML
Command Line Interface
CML Compiler can also be run through the command line, however using the GUI is recommended.
- Command line interface
- Command line interface for Verilog-A CMLs
- Command Line Errors and Warnings
- Running QA tests Through Command Line
- Custom Quality Assurance (QA) Tests
Photonic Integrated Circuit Simulation with CMLs
Learn how circuit designers use CMLs to simulate photonic integrated circuits.
Compact model libraries generated by CML Compiler are installed in INTERCONNECT. The circuit designer leverages all the capabilities of INTERCONNECT for photonic circuit simulation. This library can also be used for INTERCONNECT-Virtuoso EPDA co-simulation for electrical and photonic simulations.
Verilog-A CML (in Cadence Virtuoso)
Verilog-A CMLs generated by CML Compiler can be used in EPDA enabled Cadence Virtuoso for electrical and optical simulations.
INTERCONNECT and photonic Verilog-A CMLs application
CML Compiler generated INTERCONNECT and Verilog-A compact models can be used for circuit schematic design and simulation in different platforms. Each model and platform have their own advantages and offer the best flow for certain applications.
Automated Data Collection Workflows
Streamline your data collection process for CML Compiler with our workflows.
- Introduction to automated data collection workflows
- Waveguide workflow
- S-parameter/passive workflow
- Electrical phase shifter workflow
- Thermal phase shifter workflow
- On-Demand Webinars: Find past webinars related to CML Compiler
- Application Gallery: Find example files, simulation methodologies, and tips to help you get started quickly and easily. You can also browse the application gallery directly from within our products. For relevant examples, search “cml compiler”.
- CML Compiler Product Page: Provides general information and highlights features of CML Compiler