The electronic-photonic design automation (EPDA) environment built upon Virtuoso-INTERCONNECT integration enables schematic-driven designs, simulation, and layout for monolithic/hybrid integrated electronic and photonics circuits.
Find what you need to learn about the Virtuoso-INTERCONNECT integration flows and run your first optical/electro-optical simulation from Virtuoso custom design platform.
Please refer to the Reference Guide on how to properly setup the interoperability environment, before running the following simulations.
Cadence interoperability introduction
- Cadence interoperability overview
- Cadence interoperability workflow
- Introduction video for electro-optical co-design and co-simulation
My first optical simulation from Cadence Virtuoso
My first electro-optical co-simulation
My first custom EPDA library
Find the details of the Cadence interoperability preparation steps. Please refer to environment setup steps in the specific order to properly setup the interoperability environment before building up and running your own simulation circuits.
EPDA Environment setup
- Tools & license requirement
- Install EPDA environment to a new working directory
- Verify EPDA installation
- Load PDK libraries
- Upgrade existing EPDA environment to new version
Only users with an active Virtuoso ADE Interoperability license can access the following pages of documentation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to access these pages.
Simulation user manual
- Optical network analysis (ONA)
- Optical transient analysis (OTRAN)
- Electro-optical co-simulation (CoSim)
Statistical modeling and simulation
Build custom EPDA library
In this section, some application examples on the Cadence interoperability are provided. Please refer to the specific example for different modes of the interoperability.
Rapid Adoption Kit
- Rapid adoption kit (host by Cadence)