This page shows the process of requesting an Ansys Optics 30-day evaluation on the local computer running a supported system. The evaluation license will be running on the Ansys License Manager. The license manager can be installed and running on the same machine as where you are running Ansys Optics simulations or on a different computer (server) on your network.
- The evaluation licenses will be running on the Ansys License Manager.
- An Ansys Optics user account is required.
- Internet connection is required when using the evaluation license.
- Products can only be evaluated once. If you have evaluated Ansys Optics in the past, and you require more time to evaluate, contact your sales representative in your region. If this is the first time you are contacting us, please use our contact us page.
- Evaluation license do not support triad redundant server configuration. Contact your Ansys account manager or local representative in your region if you would like to run the evaluation license on triad redundant servers.
- The evaluation license might remove existing Ansys Optics licenses on your server.
- It is recommended to install the evaluation license on a machine that is not running existing Ansys Optics license.
- License cannot be transferred to a different computer.
- Register and log into Ansys Optics with your organization's email. Free/web-based email domains are not supported.
Install on your local computer
- Download and Install the Ansys License Manager and Ansys Optics (Lumerical) on your computer. (Administrator access required).
- Open the Ansys Optics Launcher, sign-in with your Ansys account.
- Navigate to "Solvers" on the left and request an evaluation license using "Evaluate" on the right of the solver.
- Or obtain the "evaluation" license from an "Application Gallery Example".
- Select "Local" or "Use this computer" when prompted and submit the request.
Notes: If you have an existing license and want to host the evaluation license on the same machine, ensure that the existing license is using the MAC Address HostID. If this is using the Disk Serial Number HostID, the evaluation license will have to be hosted on a different computer.
- The license file will be saved into your "Downloads" folder. You can also save the license file in a different folder. A copy of the license file will be emailed to you. Check your spam/junk mailbox in case it gets filtered by your server.
- Open the Ansys License Management Center and "Add the license file
- Configure your license settings to obtain the license from the Server: 'localhost' on the 'Default' Port.
- Apply and Restart the Launcher to save your settings.
Running license on a different computer
This process is for requesting an evaluation license where the Ansys license manager will be running on a different machine (license server) and Ansys Optics will be running on your local computer. e.g. client-server scenario where the license server do not have Internet connection or do not have the Ansys Optics simulation tools installed.
- Follow the steps #1 to #4 shown above.
- Select "Remote" or "Use another computer" when requesting the evaluation license from your local computer and not the license server machine.
- Enter the "Hostname" and "HostID information" of the license server and submit your request.
- The license file will be saved into the "Downloads" folder or save the license file when prompted and copy this to your license server. A copy of the license file will also be emailed to you.
- On the license server, configure the license file with static ports and open these ports for access.
- Configure Ansys Optics on your local computer to obtain the license from your license server.
- Restart the Optics Launcher to apply your settings.