The HostID information (hostname and MAC address) from the computer that will be running the Ansys license manager is required to activate your Ansys Lumerical entitlement or generate the license file to be used on the computer that is hosting the Ansys Lumerical licenses.
- Lumerical 2021 R1 or newer
- Ansys License Manager 2021 R1 or newer
- Administrator or root access
License manager utility
This process uses the license manager utility to scan the machine's HostID information. This can be used when you want to run both the Ansys license manager and Lumerical on the same machine.
- Install Lumerical on a supported platform.
- Open a command prompt in Windows or Terminal in Linux.
- Run "lmutil" to obtain the hostname and MAC address of the computer that will be running the Ansys license manager.
"C:\Program Files\Lumerical\[[verpath]]\licensingclient\winx64\lmutil" lmhostid -hostname
"C:\Program Files\Lumerical\[[verpath]]\licensingclient\winx64\lmutil" lmhostid -ether
/opt/lumerical/[[verpath]]/licensingclient/linx64/lmutil lmhostid -hostname
/opt/lumerical/[[verpath]]/licensingclient/linx64/lmutil lmhostid -ether
- The "redhat-lsb" or "lsb" package is require for this process.
- If you run into "missing file or file not found error", install the package by:
sudo yum install lsb
- Then run the license check/status command again.
- Save the hostname and host ID (MAC address).
- If several host IDs were found by 'lmutil', use the first from the list.
Ansys license management center
This process will require the Ansys license manager installed on the machine that will be hosting the licenses. See this page for details on obtaining the machine's HostID information (mac address) using the Ansys license management center.