The HostID information of the computer that will be running the Ansys license manager is required to activate your Ansys Optics entitlement or generate the license file to be used on the computer that is hosting the Ansys Optics licenses.
The HostID information can be one of the following:
- Disk Serial Number of the disk drive on the server
- MAC Address of the network interface card on the server
- Flex ID of the USB key device that will be plugged and used on the server (sold separately from the license)
Only one of the above HostID is used to run the Ansys License Manager on the server. If running more than 1 license file, ensure that the new license file has the same HostID as the existing license file.
SERVER hostname HostID_information 1055
- Ansys Optics 2021 R1 or newer
- Ansys License Manager 2021 R1 or newer
License manager utility (lmutil)
This process uses the license manager utility to obtain the machine's HostID information. This can be used when you run both the Ansys license manager and Ansys Optics simulation suite on the same machine. This process gets the MAC address of the machine.
- Install Ansys Optics on a supported platform.
- Open a command prompt in Windows or Terminal in Linux.
- Run lmutil to obtain the hostname and MAC address of the machine that will be running the Ansys license manager.
- If several MAC addresses (from the '-ether' argument) were found, use the first MAC address from the list.
Notes: Guidelines in this page are for supported Windows and CentOS/RHEL installations using the default installation path for the latest release. Consult your distro's documentation for information on how to install the LSB package.
"C:\Program Files\Lumerical\[[verpath]]\licensingclient\winx64\lmutil" lmhostid -hostname
"C:\Program Files\Lumerical\[[verpath]]\licensingclient\winx64\lmutil" lmhostid -ether
- The "redhat-lsb" or "lsb" package is require for this process.
- If you run into "missing file or file not found error", install the package by:
sudo yum install lsb
- Then run the command to obtain the HostID information:
/opt/lumerical/[[verpath]]/licensingclient/linx64/lmutil lmhostid -hostname
/opt/lumerical/[[verpath]]/licensingclient/linx64/lmutil lmhostid -ether
Ansys license management center
This process will require the Ansys license manager installed on the machine that will be hosting the licenses. See this page for details on obtaining the machine's HostID information using the Ansys license management center.