We have the following guidelines for fixing these common Lumerical FlexNet licensing errors.
FlexNet Licensing error: -4 License number of users already reached
- If running a simulation job, check your resource configuration if you have enough solve licenses to run your simulation.
- See this post if trying to run multiple instances of the Lumerical CAD on Linux.
- Check for license status and usage on the Ansys license manager on your license server to verify license usage. Wait for the license to be returned by the current user(s).
- See this post, if the license is stuck in the 'checkout' state due to a network connection.
FlexNet licensing error: -5 No such feature exists.
- Ensure that you are connecting to the correct license server that has the license for the said product or feature.
- Check the license status and availability on your license server as shown here.
- Consult IT for the correct license server that is hosting/running the licenses for the said product.
Error: Could not connect to Ansys license server specified at ...
- This is either a network/connectivity issue or a firewall/security restrictions issue.
- No request for license checkout can be seen on the Ansys license manager log files.
- The traffic or request for a license checkout from the local computer did not reach the license server.
- The local computer running Lumerical is not able to connect or communicate with the license server machine on TCP port 1055 or 1056.
Try to resolve by:
- If accessing from a different computer, ensure that the license configuration is set to the correct license server and port (check for typos). Consult with IT or license server administrator for this information and if your machine can connect with the license server.
- On firewalled/secured networks, configure the license file with static ports. Open these ports for access to the license server.
- When using a proxy server, unset the 'http_proxy' environment variable before running Lumerical.
- Edit the license configuration, 'License.ini' file to the correct 'domain' value for your license. Where the domain value is either '0' for the Ansys Enterprise license or '2' for the Ansys Standard (Business/Academic) license. See this page for details.
FlexNet licensing error: -21 License file does not support this version.
- This is similar to licensing error: -25. See FlexNet licensing error: -25.
FlexNet licensing error: -25 License server system does not support the version of this feature
- Your license is not compatible with this version of Lumerical. This typically means you have a paid-up license without active TECS.
- The problem can be resolved by renewing your TECS.
- The other option is to install an older version of Lumerical that was released while you had active TECS. e.g. if your TECS ended on Mar 2022, use Lumerical 2021 R2.5 or older.
- This error can also occur for customers using the legacy Lumerical FlexNet License Manager with license issued prior to 2022.
- Please contact your account manager to switch your license to the Ansys License Manager.
- The other option is to install an older version, e.g. Lumerical 2021 R2.5 or older.
The user or host/computer name that is trying to checkout the license feature is on the EXCLUDE list in the options file.
The user or host/computer name that is trying to checkout the license feature is not in the INCLUDE list in the options file.
- Contact your IT or license server administrator to update the options file on the license server.
- See this Knowledge Base (KB) guide for more information on the license manager options file.
- For error: -38, ensure that the user or computer name (host) is removed from the EXLUDE list in the options file.
- In the later error: -39, add the user or computer name (host) into the INCLUDE list in the options file.
The license manager is down or there is no access to TCP port 1055 on the license server from the client computer.
FlexNet licensing error: -97 The desired vendor daemon is down
This indicates that the VENDOR daemon is down or there is no access on TCP port 1056 on the license server from the client computer. Accessing the license manager that is running a different VENDOR daemon.
- Make sure that the license manager is up and running. Try restarting the license manager.
- Configure your license server with static ports and ensure that the ports used by the license manager are open to allow access to the license server.
- Configure Lumerical to obtain the license from the correct license server and port. Check for typos or consult with IT for this information, i.e. use IP instead of hostname, the port was changed, VPN access to the license server, etc.
FlexNet licensing error: -83 Version of vendor daemon is too old
Both error indicates that the version of the license manager is old and do not support the current version of the Lumerical software. Updating to the latest version of the license manager should resolve the issue.