We have the following guidelines for fixing these common Lumerical licensing errors.
FlexNet Licensing error: -4
FlexNet Licensing error: -4 License number of users already reached
- If running a simulation job, check your resource configuration if you have enough solve licenses to run your simulation.
- See this post if trying to run multiple instances of the Lumerical CAD on Linux.
- Check for license status and usage on the Ansys license manager on your license server to verify license usage. Wait for the license to be returned by the current user(s).
- See this post, if the license is stuck in the 'checkout' state due to a network connection.
FlexNet Licensing error: -15
Error: Could not connect to Ansys license server specified at ...
- This is either a network/connectivity issue or a firewall/security restrictions issue.
- No request for license checkout can be seen on the Ansys license manager log files.
- The traffic or request for a license checkout from the local computer did not reach the license server.
- The local computer running Lumerical is not able to connect or communicate with the license server machine on TCP port 1055 or 1056.
Try to resolve by:
- If accessing from a different computer, ensure that the license configuration is set to the correct license server and port (check for typos). Consult with IT or license server administrator for this information and if your machine can connect with the license server.
- On firewalled/secured networks, configure the license file with static ports. Open these ports for access to the license server.
- When using a proxy server, unset the 'http_proxy' environment variable before running Lumerical.
- Edit the license configuration, 'License.ini' file to the correct 'domain' value for your license. Where the domain value is either '0' for the Ansys Enterprise license or '2' for the Ansys Standard (Business/Academic) license. See this page for details.
Floating error: -21
Node-locked / Floating error: -21 License file does not support this version.
- This is similar to licensing error: -25. See FlexNet licensing error: -25.
FlexNet licensing error: -25
FlexNet licensing error: -25 License server system does not support the version of this feature
- Your license is not compatible with this version of Lumerical. This typically means you have a paid-up license without active TECS.
- The problem can be resolved by renewing your TECS.
- The other option is to install an older version of Lumerical that was released while you had active TECS. e.g. if your TECS ended on Mar 2022, use Lumerical 2021 R2.5 or older.
- This error can also occur for customers using the legacy Lumerical FlexNet License Manager with license issued prior to 2022.
- Please contact your account manager to switch your license to the Ansys License Manager.
- The other option is to install an older version, e.g. Lumerical 2021 R2.5 or older.
Floating license error: -96
The license manager is down or there is no access to TCP port 1055 on the license server from the client computer.
Floating license error: -97
Floating license error: -97 The desired vendor daemon is down
This indicates that the VENDOR daemon is down or there is no access on TCP port 1056 on the license server from the client computer. Accessing the license manager that is running a different VENDOR daemon.
- Make sure that the license manager is up and running. Try restarting the license manager.
- Configure your license server with static ports and ensure that the ports used by the license manager are open to allow access to the license server.
- Configure Lumerical to obtain the license from the correct license server and port. Check for typos or consult with IT for this information, i.e. use IP instead of hostname, the port was changed, VPN access to the license server, etc.
Version of vendor daemon is too old
The version of the license manager is old and does not support the current version of Lumerical. Updating to the latest version of the license manager should resolve the issue.