Floating licenses can be shared across other users or computers on the same network as the license server. This article explains how to check out a floating license from the Ansys license manager (Ansys LM) on the same machine (localhost) or on a different computer (license server).
- Ansys Optics 2021 R1 and newer is required with the Ansys License Manager.
- Install Ansys Optics on a supported operating system/platform.
- macOS versions do not support the Ansys license manager and will not be able to check out licenses from the Ansys License Manager.
- Starting with the Ansys Optics 2023 R2, the Legacy Lumerical FlexNet license manager has been removed from the Launcher's license configuration.
Ansys Optics Launcher
- Open "Ansys Optics Launcher",
- If prompted, choose "I have a license from Ansys" and "...configure license only for Lumerical products" then "Go to the Licensing setup",
- Otherwise, Navigate to 'Licenses' on the left,
- Select "Use Optics Launcher Settings",
- Select "Apply these setting to my user account",
- In the Floating tab, Enter the HostName or IP of your Ansys license server on the 'Server' field. If the license manager is installed on the same machine, use 'localhost'.
- Use "Default" port. Otherwise, Specify the port number if this has been changed in the license file.
Note: If you have a managed network or a dedicated license server, consult with your IT Department or System Administrator for this information.
- "Apply" to save,
- "Restart" the launcher when prompted.
Triad redundant license servers
- Check "Configure triad server / redundant servers" and enter the HostName or IP of each of the triad license servers and port used. Consult with your IT Department or System Administrator for this information.
- Apply and Restart the Launcher to save your settings.
Ansys Client Settings
See this Knowledge Base (KB) guide for details and step-by-step proccess of configuring the Ansys client settings.