On Windows with display resolution greater than 1920x1080, the Lumerical CAD will have issues with the font size and icon images.
The guidelines shown in this page outlines the process on setting Lumerical's graphical interface to override the hidh resolution (dpi) settings set by Windows.
Override Windows DPI scaling
- Open a Windows explorer and navigate to:
- "Right Click" on the CAD's executable. e.g. "interconnect.exe"
- Click on "Properties".
- Navigate to the "Compatibility" tab and click on "Change high DPI settings",
- Enable "Program DPI",
- Enable "High DPI scaling override" and Select between "Application", "System", or "System (Enhanced)" from the drop down menu to change the CAD's text and icon size.
- Click OK to save and apply your settings for this CAD executable.
- Do the same to the other Lumerical CAD that you are using e.g. "fdtd-olutions.exe", "mode-olutions.exe" and "device.exe".