- When launching several instances of Lumerical GUI by the same user on the same machine in Linux and you get the "licensing error: -4 License number of users already reached".
- This issue happens when you are running several Lumerical GUI instances on Linux and taking up 1 GUI license per instance on your local machine.
- Opening multiple Lumerical GUI on a different Terminal window is considered as a different 'display' by the FlexNet license manager and will check out 1 GUI license for each 'display'.
- The process shown on this page allows running multiple Lumerical GUI instances on a Linux machine utilizing only 1 GUI license.
Running Lumerical CAD/GUI in Linux
- Open Terminal
- Run the Lumerical CAD with the suffix “&”
/opt/lumerical/[[verpath]]/bin/fdtd-solutions & /opt/lumerical/[[verpath]]/bin/mode-solutions &
- To open another Lumerical CAD instance, run another instance of the solver's CAD on the same terminal window with “&”.