Overview of Elastic Licensing
Ansys Elastic Licensing is a "pay-per-use" licensing system that enables hourly-based licensing of virtually every Ansys product. Ansys Elastic Licensing complements other licensing solutions from Ansys by providing you with on-demand access to core portfolio of pre-post, solver, and HPC simulation solutions. You only pay for what you use, allowing you to efficiently meet fluctuating licensing demands throughout the year, while accommodating high usage periods associated with critical new projects. You simply buy a number of Ansys Elastic Currency (AEC). Each Ansys product consumes a number of these AECs per hour.
The page provide the guidelines on setting Lumerical to obtain the license from the Ansys elastic license.
- Ansys account with subscription to Ansys elastic licensing.
- Lumerical 2022 R1.1 and newer.
- Cloud License Server ID and PIN from your Ansys Support Coordinator (ASC) who manages your Ansys entitlements in the Ansys Licensing Portal.
Elastic licensing configuration
This section describe how to configure elastic licensing using the functionality available through the Optics/Lumerical launcher license configuration utility. To bypass the Ansys License Manager on the local network, edit the License.ini file as shown in the next section below.
- Open the Lumerical Launcher.
- Click on Licenses on the left column.
- Select Ansys from the License Manager Selection option.
- Click on the Elastic tab.
- Enter the Cloud License Server ID (CLS) and PIN.
License configuration without the GUI
Setting the elastic licensing using the Lumerical Launcher (GUI) or the "License.ini" file overrides the settings from the environment variable.
Elastic licensing configuration using the License.ini
- Edit the License.ini file with a text editor and append the elastic license server ID and PIN information. See this article for the location of the "License.ini" (license configuration) file on your system.
- To bypass the local license manager and checkout the elastic license, set 'domain=0' and leave the 'ansysserver\host' blank in the 'License.ini' file as shown below.
Elastic licensing configuration with an environment variable
Add the environment variable, ANSYS_ELASTIC_CLS with the cloud license server ID and PIN.
See this KB guide on "Setting environment variable in Linux" for more information.
Disabling elastic licensing
Edit the License.ini file with a text editor and remove the elastic license server ID and PIN information. See this article for the location of the "License.ini" (license configuration) file on your system.
If you have set elastic licensing with the environment variable, ANSYS_ELASTIC_CLS, unset or remove the environment variable.