Guidelines to uninstall or remove the ANSYS license manager from your license server.
- Uninstalling the Ansys License Manager and deleting the license file from the previous server is required when moving or transferring the license to a new server. Ensure that the Ansys license manager is uninstalled and the associated license files are deleted from the server as shown below.
- The process will require root or administrator privilege.
- This article uses the default installation directory of the Ansys License Manager.
Uninstall on Windows
Follow these steps on the license server machine. Commands shown are run with an "elevated" command prompt.
- Stop the Ansys License Manager from the Ansys License Management Center by following the steps contained in Stopping the Ansys License Manager*.
- You can also stop the Ansys license server by:
"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_server" -k stop
- Uninstall the Ansys license server:
"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_server" -k uninstall
- Stop and uninstall both the Ansys License Manager and Licensing Tomcat service:
sc stop "ANSYSLicensingTomcat"
sc delete "ANSYSLicensingTomcat"
- Verify that the following services are no longer running or available on Windows "Services". Otherwise, reboot the machine and do the above steps again and ensure the following are not anymore shown in Windows "Services".
- ANSYS, Inc. License Manager
- ANSYS Licensing Tomcat
rmdir /S "C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing"
rmdir /S "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ANSYS, Inc. License Manager"
Uninstall on Linux
Follow these steps on the license server machine. You must be logged in as root or with sudo access.
- Stop the Ansys License Manager from the Ansys License Management Center by following the steps contained in Stopping the Ansys License Manager* or by running:
- Stop any Ansys Tomcat server processes running from this installation directory by:
- Delete the licensing subdirectory (also removes the license file)
sudo rm -R /ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing
- Remove the Ansys License Manager automatic startup information by issuing the commands in Boot Time Startup Instructions using systemd*.Remove the Tomcat automatic startup information by issuing the commands in Table 3.2: Removing Tomcat Automatic Startup Instructions*.
Note: *Access to the ANSYS Help website requires an ANSYS Customer Portal account.
Removing the license file (ansyslmd.lic)
If the "licensing" subdirectory cannot be deleted, the ANSYS license file, "ansyslmd.lic" can be removed by:
del "C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\licensing\license_files\ansyslmd.lic"
sudo rm /ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing/license_files/ansyslmd.lic