Guidelines to uninstall or remove the Ansys license manager from your license server.
- Uninstalling the Ansys License Manager and deleting the license file from the previous server is required when moving or transferring the license to a new server. Ensure that the Ansys license manager is uninstalled and the associated license files are deleted from the server as shown below.
- The process will require root or administrator privilege.
- This article uses the default installation directory of the Ansys License Manager.
Uninstall on Windows
Follow these steps on the license server machine. Commands shown are run with an "elevated" command prompt.
Stop the Ansys License Manager in the Ansys license management center. Or Open a Windows command prompt as Administrator and run:
"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_server" -k stop
- Uninstall the Ansys license server:
"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_server" -k uninstall
- Stop and uninstall both the Ansys License Manager and Ansys Licensing Tomcat service:
sc stop "ANSYSLicensingTomcat"
sc delete "ANSYSLicensingTomcat"
- Verify that the following services are no longer running or available on Windows "Services". Otherwise, reboot the machine and do the above steps again and ensure the following are not anymore shown in Windows "Services".
- ANSYS, Inc. License Manager
- ANSYS Licensing Tomcat
- Delete the "Licensing" subdirectory (also removes the license file):
rmdir /S "C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing"
- Remove the Ansys License Manager folder from the Start menu,
rmdir /S "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ANSYS Inc. License Manager"
- Remove the ANSYSLIC_DIR and the ANSYSLIC_SYSDIR environment variables, if set.
Uninstall on Linux
Follow these steps on the license server machine. The steps shown is for the default installation process of the Ansys LM (root access is required).
- Stop the Ansys License Manager in the Ansys license management center or by running the command in Termimal:
- Stop the Ansys Tomcat server processes by:
- Delete the licensing subdirectory (also removes the license file)
sudo rm -R /ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing
- Remove the Ansys License Manager automatic startup information by issuing the commands in Boot Time Startup Instructions using systemd*. Remove the Tomcat automatic startup information by issuing the commands in Removing Tomcat Automatic Startup Instructions*.
Note: *Access to the Ansys Help website requires an Ansys Customer Portal account. This is done if the Ansys License Manage and Tomcat service to start automatically during system boot.
Removing the license file (.lic)
- All of the license files, ".lic" can be removed by: (default install path shown)
del "C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\licensing\license_files\*.lic"Linux:
sudo rm /ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing/license_files/*.lic
- Otherwise, you can delete specific license.lic files according to the filenames.