The current flux monitor will calculate the total flux of the current density through a line, area or volume of the simulation region. In 2D, the currents are in units of A/m and in 3D they are in units of A.
The monitors returns the following:
where J is the current density, n is the unit normal at the surface, and ∂Ω is the surface of the monitor
- MONITOR TYPE: The monitor geometry can be chosen. It can be a point, a line in any direction, a plane normal to any of the axis or a 3D monitor.
- RECORD DATA: Choose the data of interest to record, un-check unnecessary data to save momery requirement
- X, Y, Z: The center position of the simulation region
- X MIN, X MAX: X min, X max position
- Y MIN, Y MAX: Y min, Y max position
- Z MIN, Z MAX: Z min, Z max position
- X SPAN, Y SPAN, Z SPAN: X, Y, Z span of the simulation region
- USE RELATIVE COORDINATES: If this is enabled then the monitor will use the center or the CHARGE solver as its origin (reference). If disabled then it will use the absolute center (0,0,0) as its origin.
Note: The availability is based on the SOLVER TYPE
- SURFACEFLUX: Current is returned as a function of emitter voltage and base voltage. In 2D, the currents are in units of A/m and in 3D they are in units of A.