The CHARGE reference manual provides detailed descriptions of product features.
- CHARGE course: A self-paced course intended for beginner to intermediate users with a focus on providing an understanding of the solver physics, simulation workflow, and data analysis. The "My first simulation" section is a great getting started tutorial.
- CHARGE videos: List of videos from the CHARGE course.
- Ansys Learning Forum (Photonics category): A large repository of Q&A content from the Ansys Lumerical community.
- Application Gallery: Find example files, simulation methodologies, and tips to help you get started quickly and easily. You can also browse the application gallery directly from within our products.
Learn about the CHARGE solver and related topics
Workflow and Layout Editor
Learn how to define the material properties that will be used in your simulations.
- Electrical and thermal materials
- Understanding band offsets in heterostructures
- Understanding mesh order for overlapping objects
These objects are used to model the physical structure, define the solver region, any sources of light or doping/generation regions as well as monitors to collect data. The pages provide detailed descriptions of each simulation object. Simulation objects can be added by clicking on the corresponding icon in the GUI.
- Primitives: Triangle, Rectangle, Polygon, Circle, Ring, Waveguide, Sphere, Pyramid, Planar solid, 2D rectangle, 2D polygon
- Layer builder
- Dataset builder
- Equation interpreter
Optimizations and Sweeps
Learn how to run parameter sweep, optimization, yield analysis, and s-parameter analysis tasks.
- Parameter sweeps
- Monte Carlo analysis
- S-parameter matrix sweep
- Workflow management
Learn how to access and analyze simulation data.