Electric field monitor records the electric field within the monitor region as well as the electrostatic potential. Using this information, it can also calculate the total charge within the monitor surface/volume.
- MONITOR TYPE: The monitor geometry can be chosen. It can be a point, a line in any direction, a plane normal to any of the axis or a 3D monitor.
- RECORD ELECTRIC FIELD: If this option is checked the electric field across the monitor is recorded.E will be in units of volts/m.
- RECORD ELECTROSTATIC POTENTIAL: If this option is checked, the electrostatic potential across the monitor is recorded. V is in units of volts.
- CALCULATE NET CHARGE: If this option is checked, the net charge within the monitor surface/volume is calculated using Gauss's law by integrating the electric field flux through the box surface. The results are in units of Coulombs in 3D simulations and Coulombs/m in 2D simulations.
- SAVE DATA: Data can be saved into a file.
- X, Y, Z: The center position of the simulation region
- X MIN, X MAX: X min, X max position
- Y MIN, Y MAX: Y min, Y max position
- Z MIN, Z MAX: Z min, Z max position
- X SPAN, Y SPAN, Z SPAN: X, Y, Z span of the simulation region
- USE RELATIVE COORDINATES: If this is enabled then the monitor will use the center or the CHARGE solver as its origin (reference). If disabled then it will use the absolute center (0,0,0) as its origin.
Note: The availability is based on the SOLVER TYPE
- ELECTROSTATICS: Electric field is returned as a function of emitter voltage and base voltage. Area and the ID are also returned, where ID is a number between 1 and N, with N being a number of different materials in the set up.