The electronic-photonic design automation (EPDA) environment built upon Virtuoso-INTERCONNECT integration enables schematic-driven designs, simulation, and layout for monolithic/hybrid integrated electronic and photonics circuits.
Find what you need to learn about the Virtuoso-INTERCONNECT integration flows and run your first optical/electro-optical simulation from Virtuoso custom design platform.
Please refer to the Reference Guide on how to properly set up the interoperability environment, before running the following simulations.
Virtuoso interoperability introduction
- Virtuoso interoperability overview
- Virtuoso interoperability workflow
- Introduction video for electro-optical co-design and co-simulation
My first optical design & simulation
My first electro-optical co-simulation
Build my first custom Virtuoso library for INTERCONNECT models
Find the details of the Virtuoso interoperability preparation steps. Please refer to environment setup steps in the specific order to properly set up the interoperability environment before building up and running your own simulation circuits.
EPDA Environment setup
- Tools & license requirement
- Install EPDA environment to a new working directory
- Verify EPDA installation
- Load PDK libraries
- Upgrade existing EPDA environment to new version
Only users with an active Virtuoso ADE Interoperability license can access the following pages of documentation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to access these pages.
Simulation user manual
- Optical network analysis (ONA) using Virtuoso interop
- Optical transient analysis (OTRAN) using Virtuoso interop
- Electro-optical co-simulation (CoSim) using Spectre-INTERCONNECT interop
Statistical modeling and simulation
Build custom Virtuoso library for INTERCONNECT models
In this section, some application examples on the Virtuoso interoperability are provided.
Rapid Adoption Kit
- Rapid adoption kit (host by Cadence)