- Workshop attendees registered for workshops using Ansys Lumerical tools can now request and access necessary licenses directly from the Lumerical Launcher (a valid workshop code will be required). Workshop licenses will be running on the Ansys license manager.
DEVICE Suite Enhancements
- The new CHARGE/MQW coupled feature simplifies the 2D simulation workflow for reverse-biased electro-absorption modulators (EAM) with MQW active layers. Now the full simulation can be run from CHARGE in the usual way while the CHARGE editor contains additional MQW-specific options. The user just needs to define materials, layers/geometry, and applied voltage and with a single simulation easily visualize MQW absorption as a function of voltage, frequency, and longitudinal and transverse position, in addition to the usual CHARGE outputs.
- The MODE CAD environment can now be launched in a non-interactive mode using solve license. Users who have automated workflows using the MODE CAD, will be able to launch their automated workflows while only consuming solve licenses. This feature is already available for the FDTD CAD.
- The polystencil script command now supports elements filled with object-defined dielectric materials.
- Improvements to CHARGE solver now allow users to simulate electrical transport in active devices based on large bandgap semiconductor materials.
- Enhancements to the direct bridge between Ansys Lumerical FDTD, MODE and Cadence Virtuoso now allow users to import rectangles and paths in their PCells besides polygons into their FDTD and MODE simulations.
SYSTEM Suite Enhancements
CML Compiler improvements
- The auto-generated Verilog-A QA testbenches have been optimized to provide a 2X enhancement in simulation speed.
- When generating Virtuoso symbols or photonic Verilog-A models, CML Compiler can now automatically find Cadence binaries from the environment setup.