This page shows the process of adding or modifying environment variables on Windows.
- If you do not have administrator access on the Windows PC, you can only make changes to your "User variables".
- Consult with your IT department if you want to modify the "System variables"
Create or modify environment variables
- On the Windows taskbar, 'right-click' the Windows icon and select "System".
- In the Settings window, under "Related Settings", click "Advanced system settings".
- Click "New" to create a new environment variable or select the variable and click "Edit" to modify an existing environment variable under either your "User variables" or the "System variables".
- After creating or modifying the environment variable, click "Apply" and then "OK" to have the change take effect.