- Users can now download evaluation (trial) licenses compatible with Ansys License Manager for all solvers using the ‘Evaluate’ button in the Lumerical Launcher.
DEVICE Suite Enhancements
- New ‘Layout Geometry Wizard’ in FDTD allows users to import PCell information from Virtuoso Layout and automatically create a 3D geometry for the Pcell using a compatible foundry process file via layer builder.
- Layer builder now supports having multiple masks patterns for the same doping process and generates individual doping objects for each mask pattern.
- Sharing solve licenses when running concurrent FDTD simulation on local computer (localhost) is now supported when launching simulation directly from command line.
SYSTEM Suite Enhancements
- The new Traveling Wave Optical Modulator Measured (TWOMM) model in INTCTERCONNECT now support complex source and terminating impedances.
- CML Compiler updates:
- New menu option in the Virtuoso EPDA environment will allow users to automatically set up simulation and environment settings for their photonic Verilog-A simulations. Note that while running photonic Verilog-A simulation does not require setting up the EPDA environment, this new feature is only available when the EPDA environment is set up.
- The Verilog-A ring_modulator photonic model now supports compact model generation for dual-bus ring resonators and dual-bus ring modulators.
- Passive Verilog-A models generated by CML Compiler now support mode conversion allowing users to create compact models such as polarization coverters or polarization rotators.