Multiphysics Suite Enhancements
- The Soref and Bennett model used by the index perturbation material model in FDTD and MODE now supports multi-frequency simulations. The default option now includes coefficient values for wavelengths from 1.26 micron to 14 micron from the publication by Nedeljkovic, Soref, and Mashanovich (2011). During simulation, the index perturbation at any frequency/wavelength is calculated by interpolating the perturbation at the available wavelength data points. The model also offers the ‘user input’ option which now allows users to provide coefficient values for a single wavelength or for multiple wavelengths.
- The integration between Luceda IPKISS and Ansys’s Lumerical FDTD has been extended to include the EME solver in Lumerical MODE. The EME solver is ideal for simulating light propagation over long distances. The computational cost of the method scales exceptionally well with the device length, making it much more efficient for the design and optimization of long tapers and periodic devices compared to FDTD.
SYSTEM Suite Enhancements
- CML Compiler has the following new features:
- New ‘validate’ command to validate source data of all elements or of selected elements without building the models.
- The photodetector_avalanche photonic model supports optical power dependent multiplication factor data.
- The photodetector_pcell photonic model now supports statistical parameters.
- The photonic Verilog-A primitive library generated now offers an optical probe primitive to monitor optical signals without having to terminate a port using oscilloscopes or photodetectors.