SYSTEM Suite Enhancements
- CML Compiler has the following new features:
- Statistical modeling support for the waveguide_simple, grating_coupler and phase_shifter_electrical photonic Verilog-A models.
- The Virtuoso symbols of the electrical_phase_shifter, electro_absorption_modulator, and thermal_phase_shifter now include electrical equivalent circuits for co-simulation.
- New ‘rename’ command allows users to easily rename elements in their library.
- New ‘status’ command reports the status of each element in the compact model library.
- Users can now provide arbitrary sampled gain curves (in frequency domain) as a function of carrier density and temperature to the traveling wave laser model (TWLM) in INTERCONNECT to accurately model self-heating effects.
- Performance improvements in INTERCONNECT for simulations with large number of elements/ports.