This page outlines the process of running Ansys Lumerical on a local on-premise cluster. Depending on the cluster, the simulation job can be run either directly from the command line or submitted to the job scheduler. With GUI access, the simulation can be run from the CAD similar to running on your local desktop.
Cluster Configuration and Setup
The cluster configuration and setup guide show how to:
- Configure your firewall and user credentials
- Use a shared network folder for your simulation files
- Install Ansys Lumerical on a shared network filesystem
Running Simulations Without CAD/GUI
- For clusters without CAD/GUI access, the simulation can be run directly from the command line on the cluster.
- This process only takes up the solve license when running the simulation on the cluster. Prep and post-processing are done with the Lumerical CAD/GUI on the local computer.
Using a Job Scheduler
We have the following article for example submission scripts on common job schedulers. The examples provided were configured for our job scheduler. Please make the necessary changes to the example scripts provided in the article to fit your cluster.
- Running simulation jobs with PBS scheduler (example)
- Job scheduler sample submission scripts (SGE, Slurm, Torque)
Lumerical Job Manager (CAD/GUI) Integration With Job Scheduler
On clusters with GUI access, you can use Lumerical CAD/GUI to run the simulation with your resources set to run this on your cluster. Please refer to the articles below for more information.
- Lumerical job scheduler integration configuration (Slurm, Torque, LSF, SGE)
- Running CAD jobs (scripts) on headless nodes