This article outlines the process of creating your virtual machine on Azure.
- Login to your Azure portal.
- Navigate to Virtual Machines
- Select +Add.
Fill in the required information on the next steps.
Note: If you do not see any subscription in the project details, see: adding Azure subcriptions.
- Select your desired image (operating system).
- Choose your VM Size. Start with Small i.e. B2s (2 vcpu and 4 GiB RAM). This can be changed later on depending on your simulation's requirements.
- Enter a username and corresponding password, that will have administrator privileges on this VM.
- Use the same "Resource group" and "Region" as the other resource you have created above.
- Go to "Next: Networking", select Advanced for your "NIC network security group", then select the network security group created above on the "Configure network security group" field.
- Go to "Next: Advanced", on the Proximity placement group option, select the proximity group you created above.
- Click on "Review +create" to deploy the VM.