The Multi-Quantum Well (MQW) reference manual provides detailed descriptions of product features.
- Ansys Learning Forum (Photonics category): A large repository of Q&A content from the Ansys Lumerical community.
- Application Gallery: Find example files, simulation methodologies and tips to help you get started quickly and easily. You can also browse the Application Gallery directly from within our product launcher.
Learn about the MQW solver and related topics.
Learn about the steps in the MQW solver GUI workflow.
- Creating Materials for the MQW Solver
- Setting the MQW Solver Layers and Partitions
- Adding Strain to the MQW Layers
- Activating the MQW Solver Exciton Model
- Setting the Physical Parameters of the MQW Solver, including:
- Carrier Density
- Bias Electric Field
- Effective Index
- Linewidth Broadening
- Valence Band Offset
- Setting the Simulation Parameters of the MQW Solver, including:
- Mesh Spacing
- Transverse Wave Vector
- Maximum Number of Eigenvalues
- Setting the Boundary Conditions of the MQW Solver
- Running the MQW Solver
- Extracting the MQW Solver Results
Learn how to define the material properties that will be used in your simulations.
- Material Database
- Material Models
- Material Model Properties
- Understanding band offsets in heterostructures
For using the MQW solver in FE IDE, it is not necessary to define geometry and simulation region. Only the materials need to be added to the simulation, while all other options related to the MQW solver are defined in the MQW solver object edit window.