Use Python to analyze data, automate complex workflows\optimizations, and produce publication-quality plots. Lumerical's inverse design optimization makes extensive use of the Python API. The API can be used for developing scripts or programs that treat Lumerical solvers as clients, or in high-performance computing settings where performance and license utilization are imperative.
Python v3 is included with Lumerical's software, which avoids the need for any complex setup or configuration.
- Lumerical product version 2019a R3 or later
- Gnome or Mate desktop environment for supported Linux systems when running from the Lumerical CAD/GUI.
- A graphical interface/connection to the machine running the API
- A Lumerical GUI license.
Note: The Python API requires interfacing with the Lumerical GUI and will utilize a GUI license.
- Session management - Python API
- Script commands as methods - Python API
- Passing Data - Python API
- Interop Server - Remote API
- Photonic Inverse Design Overview - Python API
- Getting Started with lumopt - Python API
- Optimizable Geometry - Python API
- Nanowire example using FDTD
- Inverse design of grating coupler
- Monte Carlo analysis in INTERCONNECT
- Optical transceiver co-simulation in INTERCONNECT