As optical systems become more complex, the need to scale simulation methods between nano-scale and macro-scale optical systems becomes increasingly important. Today’s solutions require manual file conversions that can be tedious and error-prone. To address this challenge, Zemax and Lumerical (now both are Ansys family) have collaborated to develop interoperable tools that enable engineers to accurately account for both nano-scale and macro-scale optical effects in their devices, using ray tracing and Maxwell’s equation-based simulation tools.
[[Note:]] You need an OpticStudio version 16+ for this interoperability feature.
- From nano-scale to macro-scale optics and back video
- Zemax Interoperability - Planar OLED example
- Zemax Interoperability - Patterned OLED example
- Zemax Interoperability - Metalens example
- Zemax script commands: zbfwrite, zbfread, zbfload, zbfexport