This article provides more information on the type of licenses Lumerical supports and how the products work in relation to the license.
- Design environment (CAD/GUI)
- Layout editor
- Job manager
- Analysis and visualization
- Script interpreter
- Simulation physics engine
- simulation calculations
Each Lumerical product comes with both a GUI and solve/engine licenses.
- Opening the design environment (CAD/GUI) on a machine by a user will 'check out' a GUI license.
- Starting with the 2021 R2 release, opening multiple instances of the CAD on the same machine takes up only 1 GUI license.
- For remote connections, leaving the design environment (GUI) open while disconnecting your remote session will not release the GUI license. It's considered as 'In-Use' by the license manager. To release the GUI license, the design environment (GUI) must be closed.
- Running a simulation will take up a solve/engine license.
- Additional FDTD 'solve' licenses otherwise called "Accelerator" licenses, can be purchased separately. Contact your Ansys account manager for licensing options that will fit your needs.
- To calculate the number of solve licenses to run your simulation, see this article for details.