- The new python command in Lumerical script language executes a python (.py) script file with the currently configured python interpreter. Executing this command is equivalent to using the “Run script” button in the Script File Editor UI for a python script.
- When headless mode is enabled in Linux, the script prompt output (user printed text, as well as warnings and error messages) is now printed to the standard output.
- At the end of the software installation process in Windows, a new checkbox in the dialog window allows users to uninstall previous major versions. A PowerShell window reports the progress of the uninstall process.
Multiphysics Suite Enhancements
- Engines for all Multiphysics solvers now report the peak memory usage in their log files. In FDTD the peak memory usage is also reported as a 'simulation benchmark' result under the solver object.
- The meshing performance of FDTD has been significantly improved, particularly for running simulations in GPU.
- The Assembly Group in FDTD (introduced in 2024 R1) has been improved to mesh as fast as the equivalent structure group.
- The new Li factorization option in 2D RCWA improves the convergence for simulating 1D gratings with high contrast index materials (e.g., metals). This is the equivalent of the tangent vector field option for 2D gratings in 3D RCWA.
- The EME index monitor in MODE has a new checkbox to use “implied bent coordinates” when simulating bent waveguides. Enabling this option, users can visualize the effective geometry that is simulated when bent waveguide properties are applied to cell groups.