DEVICE Suite Enhancements
- The ‘Layout Geometry Wizard’ is now available in the FE IDE, allowing users to import PCell information from Virtuoso Layout and automatically create a 3D geometry for the Pcell using a compatible foundry process file via layer builder and run simulations with CHARGE, HEAT, FEEM, DGTD, or MQW.
- The RCWA solver has a new monitor, RCWA Field Monitor, to record the electric and magnetic field profiles inside the simulated geometry.
SYSTEM Suite Enhancements
- The Photonic Verilog-A models generated by CML Compiler are now supported by the latest SPECTRE 21 versions besides the already supported SPECTRE 20 versions.
- The parameterized ring modulator photonic model in CML Compiler now supports the generation of Photonic Verilog-A model (besides INTERCONNECT compact model).
- The qINTERCONNECT solver engine has been updated for a faster and more efficient simulation run time.
- The definition of the gain compression factor in TWLM has been updated so that the user no longer needs to multiply it with the mode confinement factor before providing to TWLM. The legacy option of providing the gain compression factor as the product of gain compression factor and mode confinement factor will also be available for legacy project files.
- The TWLM element now accepts grating chirp coefficients instead of chirp parameters when loading from file, making it consistent with the input requirements of the waveguide Bragg grating element.