We have the following guidelines on activating an Ansys entitlement in the Ansys licensing portal.
- Ansys license manager 2021 R1 and newer installed on a supported license server.
- Ansys Support Coordinator (ASC) or Admin access to the ANSYS Licensing Portal.
- Root or Admin privilege on the license server machine to install the license file.
License server HostID information
The license server HostID information is required to generate the license file by Ansys or to activate your entitlement in the Ansys licensing portal and download the license file.
- Your license server HostID information can be obtained from the Ansys license manager installed on your server.
- Open the Ansys license management center, navigate to "License File Options" -> "Get System HostID information".
- Copy or "Save to file" the first MAC address HostID information (if there is more than 1).
Activating the entitlement
- Log into the Ansys Licensing Portal using your Ansys credentials.
- Activate the entitlement(s) that are "not activated" by selecting the server's HostID from the drop down list or hit (+) to add your license server Host ID information. Enter the HostID information or "Upload from license" the HostID information file you saved from the Ansys license manager on your license server.
- Confirm the activation.
- Save and download the license file.