We have the following guidelines on activating an Ansys entitlement in the Ansys licensing portal.
- Ansys license manager 2021 R1 and newer is required.
- Ansys Support Coordinator (ASC) or Admin access is required on the Ansys Licensing Portal.
- Root or Admin privilege on the license server machine to install the license file.
- Ansys Optics licenses cannot be transferred to a different computer once activated and running on the computer.
License server HostID information
The license server HostID information is required to generate the license file by Ansys or to activate your entitlement in the Ansys licensing portal and download the license file.
- Your license server HostID information can be obtained from the Ansys license manager on your server.
- Open the Ansys license management center on your server
- Navigate to "Get System HostID information" under the "License File Options" on the left.
- "SAVE TO FILE" one of the HostID information. Either the Disk Serial Number (D) or the first MAC Address (E).
- Send the saved HostID information file to Ansys or your account manager to generate the license file for your entitlement on your server.
- Or the saved HostID information to activate your entitlement in the ANSYS Licensing Portal as shown below.
Activating the entitlement in the Ansys licensing portal
If you received the license file from Ansys for your license server, skip this step and continue to, Ansys license manager configuration and license file installation.
- Log into the Ansys Licensing Portal using your Ansys credentials.
- Activate the entitlement(s) that are "not activated" by selecting the server's HostID from the drop down list or hit (+) to add your license server Host ID information. Enter the HostID information or "Upload from license" the HostID information file you saved from the Ansys license manager on your license server.
- Confirm the activation.
- Save and download the license file.