DEVICE Suite Enhancements
- The integration between Cadence Virtuoso Layout and Lumerical component level tools has been enhanced to efficiently handle a large number of objects when importing parameterized/unparameterized layouts for custom component design.
- Enhanced integration between MQW and CHARGE solvers allow accurate electrical simulation of active devices with multi-quantum wells. The two solvers can now transfer data between each other self-consistently and simulate for reverse biased (e.g., EAMs) and forward biased (e.g. uLEDs) operations.
SYSTEM Suite Enhancements
- The biphoton wavefunction and photon pair generation rate from a ring resonator with a Chi(3) nonlinearity driven by a pulsed laser can be simulated and used as an input to a circuit in qINTERCONNECT.
- New nonlinear waveguide primitive model (SHG Waveguide) in INTERCONNECT to model second-harmonic generation in nonlinear waveguides such as waveguides made from LiNbO3.
- The Photonic Verilog-A photodetector model has been enhanced to measure the inter-channel crosstalk between baseband carriers in simulations.
- The CML Compiler generated electrical bandwidth QAs for active Verilog-A elements have been redesigned to use small signal analysis for more robust and accurate bandwidth extraction.