DEVICE Suite Enhancements
- The CHARGE and HEAT solver has a new result called ‘integrated’. The new result currently contains one attribute named ‘Q’ which reports the total thermal power integrated over the simulation volume. Users can check this number to see the total thermal power being generated/imported into their simulation. Note that this result is only available in the CHARGE solver during a coupled electro-thermal (CHARGE+HEAT) simulation.
- The script commands itkdbgetparams, itkdbgetgeometry, and cadtostreamlayer now works in the Finite Element (FE) IDE, enabling users of CHARGE, HEAT, FEEM, or DGTD solvers to import their PCell- or fixed-cell designs from Virtuoso Layout into Ansys Lumerical tools for Multiphysics component simulation.
- The selectmode script command now allows users to select multiple modes from script. Users can simply provide an array of mode numbers as the argument instead of a single number to use this new capability.
- Performance improvements for the modeoverlap and modeexpansion script commands for FEEM and DGTD.
- The FDTD log file now reports the ‘elapsed simulation time’ for each auto-shutoff entry along with the previously reported % complete and ‘max time remaining’ information.
SYSTEM Suite Enhancements
- In qINTERCONNECT, the measurement masks in multi-frequency simulations now correspond to flat-band detection over the whole frequency spectrum. The number of detected photons is specified for each physical channel, independent of frequency.
- The new photonic model ‘ring_modulator_parameterized’ in CML Compiler, enables users to create compact models for PCells of ring modulators or ring resonators. The model enables both single and double bus designs and supports radius, coupling length, and coupling gap(s) as PCell parameters.