The Ansys licensing portal (ALP) is where the Ansys Support Coordinator (ASC) manages your account's entitlements. The ALP is a web-based/browser user interface to manage your on-premise and elastic licenses and portal access.
Licensing portal access
- Register on the Ansys licensing portal using your organization's email address.
- Sign in to the Ansys licensing portal.
- Entitlements will be shown in the licensing portal.
- Ansys Support Coordinator (ASC) will have access to the entitlements.
- The license server's HostID information is required to activate your Ansys entitlement.
- See this guide in the Knowledge Base (KB) for details.
- We also have the Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements how-to-video.
- Obtain the HostID information of the new license server.
- See the process below to rehost your license or move 1 or more entitlements to a different server.
Rehosting the license to a new server
To Rehost or transfer your license from one server to another:
- Click "Manage Activations" on the left.
- Under the "Active Servers" click on the "Rehost on different Host" icon to the left of the active. server.
- Enter the new license server HostName and HostID change the HostID type accordingly, i.e Ethernet for mac address, or "Upload from license" the HostID information obtained from the Ansys LM installed on the new license server.
- Save and generate the license file for the new server.
- For license sharing access, set static ports on the license file and allow access to the ports, prior to adding the license file into the Ansys License Manager on the new server.
Note: Ensure that the Ansys License Manager on the previous server has been removed and any copy of the license file for the previous server has been removed from your computers. See this Knowledge Base (KB) for the location of the license files.
Moving one or more entitlements to a different server
Remove the entitlement from the current server/HostID.
- Log into the ANSYS Licensing Portal.
- Navigate to "Activate Entitlements" on the left.
- Select the server from the "HostID" drop-down list where the entitlement is currently activated.
- Remove the entitlement or entitlements from this server/HostID by the (X) button to the left of the entitlement.
- Click "Save & Generate" to apply your changes and save the license file for the entitlements that will remain on the the current server/HostID.
Note: Ensure that the entitlement that you are moving is no longer available on the server in the ANSYS Licensing Portal.
- On the license server, Stop the Ansys license manager.
- Remove the current/existing license files (.lic) from the install path shown here.
- Start the Ansys LM.
- Add the license file on the current server.
- Check the Ansys LM status if the entitlement is no longer available on the current server.
Adding the entitlement to a different server/HostID
- Activate the entitlement that you removed from the server by adding the new server/HostID, as shown in the Ansys entitlement activation guide.
- Or if you are moving the entitlement to an existing Host/Server, select the server from the Host ID drop-down menu in the Ansys licensing portal.
- Select which entitlement and quantity to be activated on the new server.
- "Save and Download" the new license file for the new server.
- If there are existing entitlements on the server, these will be included with the newly activated entitlement.
- See also Ansys licensing how-to-video on managing your entitlements in the licensing portal.