The Ansys licensing portal (ALP) is where the Ansys Support Coordinator (ASC) manages your account's entitlements. The ALP is a web-based/browser user interface to manage your on-premise and elastic licenses and portal access.
Licensing portal access
- Register on the Ansys licensing portal using your organization's email address.
- Sign in to the Ansys licensing portal.
- Entitlements will be shown in the licensing portal.
- Ansys Support Coordinator (ASC) will have access to the entitlements.
- The license server's HostID information is required to activate your Ansys entitlement.
- See this guide in the Knowledge Base (KB) for details.
- We also have the Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements how-to-video.
- Obtain the HostID information of the new license server.
- See the process below to rehost your license or move 1 or more entitlements to a different server.
Rehosting the license to a new server
To Rehost or transfer your license from one server to another:
- Click "Manage Activations" on the left.
- Under the "Active Servers" click on the "Rehost on different Host" icon to the left of the active. server.
- Enter the new license server HostName and HostID changing the HostID type accordingly, i.e ethernet for mac address HostID, or "Upload from license" the HostID information obtained from the Ansys LM installed on the new license server.
*Ensure that the Ansys License Manager on the previous server has been removed and decommissioned and that any copy of the license file for the previous server has been removed from your system.
Moving one or more entitlements to a different server
- Click "Activate Entitlements" on the left.
- Select the current server/HostID from the drop-down list where the entitlement is currently activated.
- Remove the entitlement from the current server using the (X) button to the left of the entitlement.
- Click "Save & Generate" to apply your changes and download the license file for the entitlements that will be activated on the current server.
- Add the license file to the Ansys LM on the current server.
*Ensure that the entitlement that you are moving is no longer available on the current server.
- Activate the entitlement that you removed from the server, by adding the new server HostID, as shown in the Ansys entitlement activation guide.
- Or if you are moving the entitlement to an existing Host/Server, select the server from the Host ID drop-down menu.
- Select which entitlement and quantity to be activated on the new server.
- "Save and Download" the new license file for the new server.
- If there are existing entitlements on the server, these will be included with the newly activated entitlement.
- See also Ansys licensing how-to-video on managing your entitlements in the licensing portal.
Ansys license server configuration and license file installation