This page shows the process of running Ansys Lumerical simulations on Windows using Intel MPI as the Job launching preset.
Using Intel MPI on the local computer (localhost)
When Intel MPI is selected as the "Job launching preset", the resource configuration automatically configures the job manager with the options below to allow running with Intel MPI on the local computer (localhost).
mpiexec.exe -noprompt -localroot
Running remote simulations with Intel MPI
- Ensure that all computers are running on a supported Windows system and the same version of Ansys Lumerical.
- On your local computer, open a Windows command prompt,
- Change directory to the location of Intel MPI for your version of Lumerical,
For Lumerical 2021 R1 and older:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWToolsMPI\compilers_and_libraries_2018.5.274\windows\mpi\intel64\bin"
For Lumerical 2021 R2.2 and newer:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWToolsMPI\compilers_and_libraries_2020.4.321\windows\mpi\intel64\bin"
Check to ensure that the Hydra service is installed and running on all of the computers.
If the service is not running on any of the computers, install and run the service;
Register user credentials
- Register "User credential" with Intel MPI on your local computer before running the simulation with Intel MPI. These credentials are encrypted and stored in the system registry.
- The 'Username' and 'Password' should be the same as the ones you used to login to Windows on startup.
Validate the installation
Notes: More information on user authorization and different authentication methods are available here: User Authorization 30. If you do not register your credentials, you will be prompted later when you run Intel MPI for the first time and the simulation job will not run. Do not "Set MPICH login" credentials from the pop-up error message. Set your user credentials as shown above.