This page shows the process of running Lumerical simulation on Windows using Intel MPI as the Job launching preset.
Using Intel MPI on the local computer
When Intel MPI is selected as the "Job launching preset", the resource configuration automatically configures the job manager with the options below to allow running with Intel MPI on the local computer.
mpiexec.exe -noprompt -localroot
Running remote simulations with Intel MPI
- Ensure that all computers are running on a supported Windows system and the same version of Lumerical.
- On your local PC, open a Windows command prompt,
- Change directory to the location of Intel MPI for your version of Lumerical,
For Lumerical 2021 R1 and older:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWToolsMPI\compilers_and_libraries_2018.5.274\windows\mpi\intel64\bin"
For Lumerical 2021 R2.2 and newer:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWToolsMPI\compilers_and_libraries_2020.4.321\windows\mpi\intel64\bin"
Hydra service status
Check to ensure that the Hydra service is installed and running on all of the computers.
Install Hydra service
If the service is not running on any of the computers, install and run the service;
- Register "User credential" with Intel MPI on your local PC before running the simulation with Intel MPI. These credentials are encrypted and stored in the system registry.
- The 'Username' and 'Password' should be the same as the ones you used to login into Windows on these computers.
Validate the installation
Notes: More information on user authorization and different authentication methods are available here: User Authorization 30. If you do not register your credentials, you will be prompted later when you run Intel MPI for the first time and the simulation job will not run. Do not "Set MPICH login" credentials from the pop-up error message. Set your user credentials as shown above.