The Ansys license manager log files are used to troubleshoot license issues from the server side. These log files will be requested by Ansys Lumerical install and licensing support to resolve license server issues.
Gather diagnostic information
This process will save the Ansys license manager log files and other information that would help to troubleshoot and investigate any issues with the Ansys license manager.
Ansys license management center
- Open the Ansys license management center.
- Navigate to the "Diagnostics -> Gather Diagnostic Information" page on the left column.
- Click "SAVE TO FILE" to save the files into your computer.
- Send the compressed (zip) file to Ansys Optics Support.
The commands for this method is using the default install path for the Ansys license manager.
- Open a command prompt and run,
"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\gatherdiagnostics.bat"
- Open terminal and run,
Saving the diagnostic files
- You will be prompted where to save the diagnostic files on Windows.
- On Linux the compressed file will be saved in the '/tmp' folder.
Ansys client licensing log files
The Ansys client licensing log files are found in the computer that is running Ansys simulations. This is specific to the user that is logged into the machine. Each user that runs the simulation on the same machine will have their own client licensing logs. These files are found in: