The Ansys license manager log files are used to troubleshoot license issues from the server side. These log files will be requested by Ansys Lumerical install and licensing support to resolve license server issues.
Ansys LM log files
The Ansys license manager has 3 log files:
- the Ansys licensing interconnect log contains information about the Ansys license manager, the entitlements available, and the state of the Ansys license manager.
- The FlexNet license manager log contains the 'ansyslmd' vendor daemon log. Shows all the license check-in / check-out activity and the state of the 'ansyslmd' vendor daemon.
- The Ansys license management center log provides information about the web interface and its current state.
Location of the log files
The Ansys LM log files are found in the following directory: (default install folders shown). These can be btained and saved from the Ansys license management center. as shown in the image.
"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\"
Gather diagnostic information
This process will obtain and save the Ansys LM log files and other information to troubleshoot and investigate any issue with the Ansys LM.
- Open the Ansys license management center - (http://localhost:1084) on the internet browser on the license server machine.
- Navigate to the "Diagnostics -> Gather Diagnostic Information" page on the left column.
- Click on "Save to File" to start the diagnostic process and save the file when prompted.
- Once the information has been saved, it will indicate the files that were saved and the files that were not found.
- Send the files to Ansys Lumerical Support.