This article outlines the default process for the online activation of a legacy Lumerical certificate-based license and obtaining the corresponding license file on the machine hosting Lumerical FlexLM. This applies to MAC locked, Triad redundant and USB Key Floating license models.
Note: Lumerical is switching to the Ansys License Manager. For Ansys entitlement activation and license file installation, see the following; Ansys entitlement activation and Ansys license server configuration and license file installation for details.
- Lumerical FlexLM version 1.13 or higher.
- Internet connection is required to activate and download the license file.
- Admin or root access.
Online activation (deprecated)
- Activate your entitlement using the offline activation process below.
This is an alternative method of obtaining the license file from Lumerical support if no other machine with Internet access is available to download the license file. This will require at least 1 business day to complete the process. Contact Ansys/Lumerical Support with the following information:
- Activation Code from the license information email.
- MAC address of your license server, or the 3 MAC addresses of the triad license servers, or the Flex-ID of the USB Key device.
- Email Subject: 'Certificate based license offline activation'