Ansys Lumerical licenses are floating certificate based entitlement that will be running on the Ansys license manager (LM). Floating licenses can be shared across other users or computers on the same local network. Floating certificate base license requires a license file to start and run the Ansys License Manager.
This applies to the following license models:
- Host ID locked - the license is locked to the license server's; disk serial number, MAC address or a FlexNet USB device (dongle).
- Triad Redundant - the license is locked to the 3 triad licenses server's mac addresses.
Host ID Locked and Triad Redundant License
- HOST ID locked using the disk serial number or MAC address and Triad redundant licenses cannot be transferred from one machine to another. It will be locked to the current machine or the triad machines for the duration of the license.
- Only the USB key (dongle) license can be moved from one machine to another together with the USB device (dongle) and the license file (certificate).
- Certificate-based license is not affected by software or hardware changes. Only when the license server's Host ID information is changed or if a 'mac locked' or 'disk locked' license is used on a different machine, then the license becomes unusable.
Managing entitlements in the Ansys licensing portal
Ansys license manager configuration and license file installation