Same with activating a Floating license, this process requires the FlexNet license manager activation utility, where the license is hosted.
There are two methods of deactivating Floating trusted storage license.
- Online deactivation (deprecated) - only offline deactivation is supported.
- Offline deactivation - This method is done by generating an 'offline requestXML file' and sending this to Lumerical. A 'responseXML file' will be provided to complete the activation process.
Online deactivation (deprecated)
- Deactivate your entitlement using the offline activation process.
- Open FlexNet license activation utility.
- Select the Activation tab.
- Choose Offline Mode.
- Select the license to deactivate from the list and click 'Deactivate'.
- A 'Save as' dialog windows appears.
- Browse to your desired folder and save the Offline RequestXML file.
- Send the file to Lumerical to obtain a ResponseXML file.
- Lumerical will provide a ResponseXML file.
- Save this file into the machine where you generated the Offline RequestXML file.
- Open FlexLM activation utility with the Offline Mode option
- Browse and upload the ResponseXML file to complete the process.