The floating USB key locked license model is used when customers need to frequently transfer the license manager between computers, particularly in high security environments with limited network connectivity. The license is locked to a specific USB key, and the license manager will only run when the key is connected to the computer. The license information is stored in a license (certificate) file. The license manager runs on a supported platform, and licenses can be accessed from other computers in the local network. The USB Key comes with a 9 digit alpha-numeric FLEX ID.
Activate license and obtain a license file
- If you receive an Activation Code, activate and obtain the license file using the steps here.
USB Key FLEX ID (i.e. 9-123BF678) is required to obtain the license file.
- Otheriwse, if your license comes with a license file, install the license file as shown here.
Transfer of license
The license can be transferred to different machines for the duration of the license.
On the current machine:
- Stop FlexLM and unplug/remove the USB key.
On the other / new machine:
- Install FlexLM, Checking the option: Install HASP drivers ...
- Install/import the license file that came with your USB key (done once).
- Plug the USB key (required every time license is used on the machine).
- Restart FlexLM.
FlexNet license manager installation
Certificate based license activation guide