The floating USB key locked license model is used when customers need to frequently transfer the license manager between computers, particularly in high security environments with limited network connectivity. Similar to other floating license model, the license can be accessed from other computers in the local network.
The license information is stored in a license file (certificate). Which is locked to a specific USB key. The USB key has a 9 digit alpha-numeric FLEX ID. Example: "9-123BF678"
- USB Key device is sold separately.
- Ansys license manager (LM) is installed on the computer where the license will be installed.
- The license can be moved to different machines.
- Both the USB Key and the license file are required by the Ansys license manager.
Activate license and obtain a license file
- Activate your entitlement in the Ansys Licensing Portal (ALP) using the FlexID of the USB key device.
- See this Knowledge Base for more information on activating your entitlements in the ALP.
Transfer of license
- The license can be transferred to different machines for the duration of the license.
On the current machine:
- Stop the Ansys license manager and unplug the USB key from the machine
On the other / new machine:
- Install the Ansys license manager.
- Plug the USB key (required every time license is used on the machine).
- Add the license file generated from the Ansys licensing portal for your USB key device.
- Restart the Ansys license manager when prompted.
Ansys License Manager – Ansys Optics
How to obtain your license server's HostID information