This articles covers the process of activating a Node trusted storage license (legacy).
There are two methods of activating Node licenses.
- Online activation (deprecated) - only offline activation is supported.
- Offline activation - This method is done by generating an 'offline requestXML file' and sending this to Lumerical. A 'responseXML file' will be provided to complete the activation process.
- Save your activation code.
- The license cannot be activated on more than 1 machine at a time.
- DO NOT ACTIVATE your license multiple times on the same machine!
- Once the license is activated on your machine it will be good for all the products on your license.
- Please protect your license and Deactivate them if you want to change anything or upgrade your machine. See Protecting your license for details.
- The license can be deactivated up to three (3) times in a year.
Online activation (deprecated)
- Activate your entitlement using the offline activation process.
- Open the 'Launcher' from your Windows Desktop or macOS Launchpad.
- Click the 'I have a license from Lumerical' button
- Click right arrow, 'Already have a Lumerical license? We will help you set up!'
- Click the 'I want to activate a Node locked license' button
- Otherwise, if you were not prompted to choose the license, navigate to Licenses > Floating Tab > License Manager selection, select "Lumerical (Business)", Apply and "Restart Now" when prompted.
- Navigate to the 'Licenses' section on the left.
- Select the 'Node locked' tab then 'Activate' tab.
- Choose 'Offline Mode' and enter your activation code on the space provided and 'Activate' your license.
- A 'Save as' dialog windows appears. Browse to your desired folder or location in your local machine and save the Offline 'RequestXML' file.
- Closet the Launcher
- Send the Offline 'RequestXML' file to Lumerical installation and licensing support to obtain a 'ResponseXML' file.
- Save 'ResponseXML' file provided by Lumerical into the machine where you generated the 'RequestXML' file.
- Open the Launcher as shown on steps 1-7 above.
- Browse and use the 'ResponseXML' file to complete the activation process.