DEVICE Suite Enhancements
- As part of ongoing improvements to the FDTD GPU solver, support for symmetric and PMC boundary condition has been added.
- The support for higher order k.p models (6x6 and 8x8) has been added to the coupled MQW and CHARGE simulation mode. Users designing multi-quantum wells using Zincblend or Wurtzite materials can now perform coupled CHARGE and MQW simulations for accurate electronic bandstructure calculation.
System Suite Enhancements
- The Cadence Virtuoso Layout integration with Ansys Lumerical component tools (e.g., FDTD, MODE, CHARGE, HEAT, etc.) has been updated to support the latest Cadence version (v.23.1). Going forward, the integration will support Cadence Virtuoso Layout v.23.1 or higher. Users using older Cadence versions can continue to use Lumerical versions prior to 2023 R2.3, but it is highly recommended to upgrade to the latest version to access the latest capabilities.
- The new Frequency Noise Spectrum Analyzer in INTERCONNECT will allow photonic circuit designers to estimate the linewidth of an optical signal by calculating the frequency noise spectral density.
- The continuous-wave microring resonator SFWM source model has been updated to include squeezing level calculations at moderate pump powers. Additionally, the pair generation rate calculation is no longer restricted to critically coupled cavities. These updates will enable qINTERCONNECT users to model the nonlinear sources for their quantum photonic circuit simulations more accurately.