Accelerate your Optics & Photonics Innovation with Ansys Optics
Welcome to Ansys Optics, a complete multiphysics and multi-scale optical simulation suite. Ansys Optics is powered by best-in-class physics solvers (including Ansys Zemax, Ansys Lumerical, and Ansys Speos), integrated multiphysics workflows, an intuitive design platform, and world-class support. This welcome guide provides the necessary resources to help build your first optics and photonics simulation and find the most suitable simulation methodologies for your application.
Product Installation and Evaluations
Download the Ansys Optics installation package, unzip the installation file, and follow the standard installation procedure for your operating system. You can download the latest version of Ansys Speos, Ansys Zemax, and Ansys Lumerical from the Ansys Customer Portal, or you can also download Ansys Lumerical here.
If you need to review the process for obtaining a 30-days evaluation license visit here.
Requirements and Troubleshooting Tips
- If you have requested the evaluation license, the license file to be loaded in the Ansys License Manager will be saved on your local folder. A copy of the license will also be sent to your registered email address.
- To run Ansys optics, ensure that the license file has been added into the Ansys license manager on your computer.
- Please check your spam/junk mailbox if you do not see the evaluation license information email on your inbox.
- The evaluation licenses will be running on the Ansys License Manager.
- An Ansys Optics user account is required.
- Internet connection is required when using the evaluation license.
- Products can only be evaluated once. If you have evaluated Ansys Optics in the past, and you require more time to evaluate, contact your sales representative in your region.
- Evaluation license do not support triad redundant server configuration. Contact your Ansys account manager or local representative in your region if you would like to run the evaluation license on triad redundant servers. If this is the first time you are contacting us, please use our live chat line.
- The evaluation license might remove existing Ansys Optics licenses on your server.
- It is recommended to install the evaluation license on a machine that is not running the existing Ansys Optics license.
- License cannot be transferred to a different computer.
- Register and log into Ansys Optics with your organization's email. Free/web-based email domains are not supported.
Ansys Innovation Courses (AIC) - Learning Tracks
Advance your simulation skills with our self-paced learning tracks. The Ansys Innovation Space has various courses on optics and photonics. Select the Optics and Photonics filters in our Ansys Innovation Space Learning Tracks to view the available courses.
Knowledge Base (KB) and Application Gallery Quick Links
Visit our Ansys Optics Application Gallery, to gain inspiration, explore different design approaches, and learn from hands-on application-specific examples across different industries. Deepen your knowledge of Ansys Optics capabilities and your simulation skills by leveraging our Knowledge Base pages which serve as a comprehensive repository of technical articles, examples, and guides.
- Ansys Optics (Lumerical, Speos, and Zemax) Application Gallery
- Ansys Lumerical Knowledge Base
- Ansys Speos Knowledge Base
- Ansys Zemax Knowledge Base
Support and Community
Support for evaluation licenses is provided via the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF). If you have any questions that can not be answered using KB, Application Gallery, and AIC pages, ALF is the right place to go. ALF provides a global community of professionals where you can share tips and ideas on how you are using Ansys Optics to advance your designs.
At Ansys, we’re passionate about sharing expertise and covering the latest industry trends to help inspire and drive your latest innovation. Explore available Ansys on-demand webinars, white papers, blogs, and customer case studies to take advantage of the ones most relevant to you.